Thursday, January 13, 2011

Madrid! despite the snowstorm

So there was this huge snowstorm scheduled to hit the day my flight departed and things weren't looking too good. After I made it safely to the airport (quite an impressive feat given the conditions) I boarded my flight that miraculously was still on time. Iberia airlines was great-a nice dinner (including champagne!) and then breakfast in the morning. I was counting on sleeping on this flight so that i wouldn't feel TOO jetlagged upon my arrival, but it feels like I only slept for 20 minutes. After checking into the hotel that we're staying at during "orientation," we basically wandered around our area--quite touristy, complete with a  KFC--and we all got our cheap pay-as-you go mobile phones. We have the afternoon to explore before dinner but I'm exhausted and wanted to let people know that I'm alive and well here!

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you posted! We have a KFC too, and a subway, Starbucks, McDonalds, and Burger King. Can't wait to see you soon weeee, catch up on your sleep, but don't worry, you will feel better in about a week. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! we had a kfc down the street from our apartment lol crazyyyy i thought only the us liked fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete